At first glance, cat beds are the most pointless things in existence.
Didn’t think we’d start by saying that, did you? But it’s sort-of true: do cats need beds? After all, where do cats sleep? They will lie down anywhere, on anything, and at any time of day to fall asleep. It’s a trait that the writers here at Catmart wish they could share (but we don’t let them—they’re chained to their desks). All jokes aside, though, cat beds are pretty useful. They help keep stray cat hair and dander manageable, and keep your cat out of the way—if you’ve ever stepped on a cat sleeping on the stairs at 3am, you’ll know why that’s a good idea.
Either way, you’re in the right place for cat beds. Below is a brief guide to finding the right cat bed, after which we explore each and every one of the cat bed reviews we’ve done here at Catmart. Cats actually need sleep just as much as we do, and so it’s our duty as loving owners to help them find it. We believe all of the beds we’ve given positive reviews to are up to that task!
Ready? Let’s go.
How to Find the Best Cat Beds
When you search for cat beds online, it can be difficult to know if you’re getting quality. It’s like buying clothes (human clothes, that is). You can pick the right size, and something that looks like it’ll be nice on you, but you never quite know whether it’ll even fit until it arrives. Cat beds are sort-of similar. Because cats have such discriminating tastes, you can’t be sure that they’ll actually like their new bed until it arrives.
However, it is possible to tell the difference between good and bad cat beds: even online. How? With our special system for scoring them! When we review cat beds, we look at the following features/qualities:
- Durability: there’s no point picking out even the best cat beds if they’ll fall apart after a few days. Durable cat beds should be able to cope with a couple of years of use at the very least.
- “Washability”: self-explanatory. Can you throw it in the laundry basket with everything else, or do you need to hand wash it? Or is it even washable at all?
- Design: in other words, does it look good? This might not be important to you, but because of the wide range of cat beds you can buy online, you might be surprised at how nice some of them actually look.
- Comfort: again, this is self-explanatory. Is it a comfortable cat bed, or is it filled with pointy sticks and other uncomfortable things? Probably not, but you never know. The best cat bed, from your cat’s perspective, is a comfy cat bed. That’s what we’re looking for here.
- Other reviews: what do other reviewers think of the item?
- Price: last but not least, how expensive is the bed relative to the others available? Sometimes, cheap cat beds are every bit as fit for the job as the more expensive options.
We then combine these scores into an overall Catmart score. This score represents our official opinion of the product. We aren’t paid to recommend any product over the others—all of our reviews are completely fair. First up, below are our top five cat beds. There’s nothing ‘out of left field’ on there: they’re all fairly simple, but high quality. We’re just looking for good cat beds. We put serious time and thought into each cat bed review, and try to think of it from a cat’s perspective! Let’s take a look.
Top 5 Best Cat Beds
Cat Bed Reviews
If that’s not enough for you, take a look at the rest of our cat bed reviews. Remember, just because we’ve not listed them as the very best, that doesn’t mean they’re terrible. There are also plenty of different kinds on there—not just your average cat beds! Take a look and see what you might find…